Monday, July 12, 2021

creation with Year 10

On the minibus journey the pupils showed an interest in having a go on the scooters at Creation as they talked about what tricks they were going to do and if they could bring their own scooter or "can I bring my BMX in because I have put new wheels on it and a new crank so I will be able to show you my skills".  One pupil said "I am going to do a bunny hop" when another identified what height they were going to achieve on the scooter "I am going to do the highest group, you will see me going down the ramps really quick". 




When we got to Creation each of the pupils put on a safety helmet as we talked about why they had to wear it was to protect their heads if they fell off which was described was more likely going to happen. Each of the pupils were given a scooter. They all went off together as a group exploring different sized ramps with one pupil saying "let me show you how high I can go on this ramp". The pupil went again to see if they could go any higher which they did saying " I definitely went even higher that time". 





The pupils also enjoyed taking it in turns to travel down the ramps one at a time to create a chain reaction and see who could make the highest jump. 

No comments:

Post a Comment