Thursday, April 1, 2021

Year 7B's exploration of Dry Mill's Lane

As we were walking we noticed a sign telling us about what trail we were about to go on and what animals we might see with one pupils saying "look there's a butterfly".




As we continued the pupils talked about how deep they thought the water would be when they got to the stream by showing an interest in travelling through the water. One pupil said "is it going to come up to my knees". When we got to the stream all of the pupils enjoyed either walking in their wellies along the water bank or some chose to take their shoes and socks off saying "I want to feel the water in my toes". While they were in the stream the pupils talked about the temperature of the water descriptively explaining it as "really cold that my feet feel numb" and also explored the length of the stream identifying the depth as "wow this is really deep that I feel my whole body is going in". The pupils showed an interest in skimming stones as they had a competition to see who could make the most plops in the water. 




No comments:

Post a Comment